Friday, June 17, 2011

The Whole Package


"Suppose there is a wedding, and when it is time for the vows the man says, "Pastor, I accept this woman as my personal cook, or as my personal dish washer." The woman would say, "Wait a minute. Yes, I'm going to cook. Yes, I am going to wash dishes. Yes, I am going to clean the house, but I am not a maid. I'm going to be your wife. You have to give me your love, your heart, your home, your talent, everything." The same is true in Jesus. He is our Savior; He is our Healer, but we cannot cut Him into little pieces and take one part of Him and not another part of Him. When we take Him as our Savior, we are also taking Him as our Lord. When we ask Him for salvation, we accept His command to "Go."--John Willis Zumwalt in Passion for the Heart of God. 

I've been reading this book and it is incredible. I am already beginning to see more of what God wants out of me. I've also been reading Mark and John (the two books I've chosen to study this summer) and seeing more of the character of Jesus and how I need to replicate that. I have already begun to see my shortcomings and how there are certain parts of Jesus that I don't see the need for or don't want because that means giving up some of my independence. Let the pruning begin. Painful, but oh so rewarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment