Sunday, April 17, 2011

What is man that You are mindful of him?

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You make him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, al that swim in the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! --Psalm 8:3-9

Last Sunday I saw the video How Great is Our God, a message by Louie Giglio. In this 40 minute video, he talked about the glory of God that shines in His creation. It was a lesson in science and although I'm not a huge science person, I was in awe of the things he presented. He basically said we are most definitely a vapor in this universe. We are so small in comparison to the things God has created in the universe, but in spite of this, God put His imprint on us. In Him all things hold together and He loves us more than we can comprehend. When watching this video, all I could think about is that I make myself out to be a big shot all the time, thinking that I am more important that a lot of other things. In reality, I am so small and unimportant, but through Christ I am important because He KNOWS me! I am a daughter of the King and He loves me enough to call me His child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KqziOKZ4AE

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Amanda, thanks for posting that video!!! I should be doing homework but realizing the enormous gigantic vastness of God and his power is way better. It's enough to make me feel really tiny... but the great thing is that it isn't about how small we are. It's about how big he is! And he loves us against all odds. :) That IS too big to comprehend accurately.

    ReplyDelete