Friday, April 8, 2011

For Grammy

I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma right now. It's been over 10 years since I was here and it's nice to be back. Yesterday we spent the day honoring our family members by visiting their graves. We started the day with an internment service for my great grandma Dovie. Grammy passed away on December 26, 2010 at the ripe age of 95. Grammy was the definition of the Proverbs 31 woman. She was absolutely amazing and loved by everyone. One of my favorite memories of Grammy was playing dominos with her and sitting in her room eating chocolate with her.  I rejoice in the fact that she's dancing with Papa in heaven and is worshipping God with no more pain and will do so forevermore. It was so great to see places where Grammy grew up, meeting family I had never met before and touring Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment