Friday, April 8, 2011

His Grace is Enough

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. --Psalm 103:8-12

Wow! He is so gracious, so loving, so forgiving, so amazing. I think God is kind of crazy. I'm so thankful for His grace, mercy, forgiveness, etc. but I think He's crazy for giving it away! "He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities." That's insane! I can't even count how many times I have sinned and God still forgives. He still shows his grace towards me. I am so unworthy of it and honestly should be struck dead because I'm such a terrible sinner. Praise be to God for His mercy! Because of the knowledge I have of God (which is ever increasing, but will never end) I can't help but share my excitement! KNOWING God and FOLLOWING Him is the most important thing there is in this life. That is what we were created for. We are meant to be instruments of righteousness, not destruction.

In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on s with all wisdom and understanding.--Ephesians 1:5-8

Just acknowledging God isn't good enough. We're called to follow Him and cannot delay! The gospel calls for obedience because of the faith we have. You cannot have one without the other. People, if you don't know Jesus and what it means to follow him, ask me. This is the most important decision you will ever make in your life. True Christianity isn't easy, but trust me, there is nothing better and nothing more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment