Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Following Jesus

Just some thoughts...


I can't say that it's easy to follow Jesus wholeheartedly. It's far from it, but I'm working on it. There are several scriptures that have stuck out to me recently and inspire me to keep seeking Jesus and making him my everything. I have also been wrestling with humbling myself and giving God the credit for what He has been doing in my life, realizing it is nothing of my own doing. 


Matthew 10:38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.


Ephesians 4:22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness


Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.



 Psalm 119: 33 Teach me, LORD, the way of your decrees,
   that I may follow it to the end.
[a] 34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
   and obey it with all my heart. 
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
   for there I find delight. 
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
   and not toward selfish gain. 
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
   preserve my life according to your word.
[b] 38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
   so that you may be feared. 
39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
   for your laws are good. 
40 How I long for your precepts!
   In your righteousness preserve my life.



I'm trying to figure out how I fit into God's plan and what He wants me to do to further the kingdom. Where am I supposed to go? Who do I work best with? All I know for sure is that I owe it to Him to do whatever I can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment