Saturday, August 27, 2011

Depending on my Rock

School started on Wednesday and I can already see that I am going to be overwhelmed. I'm taking 18 credits and wanting to get all A's, have responsibilities with Global Outreach, responsibilities in my hall, want to be involved at my church and in the community, want to have a lot of fun with my friends, have fitness goals, want to be a better guitar player, and most importantly want to grow in my faith. All these things are staring me in the face and it's very discouraging. I want to do it all but my body and brain say, "NO! It's too much!" 
But when I look at these things, they are all good things and all ways in which I can glorify God. I don't want to give up on these things. I want to look back after this year is over having accomplished all these things and say, "God did that! Praise Him!" My body is going to fight all these things and I know Satan is going to be on the prowl trying to steal my attention away from giving God the glory in my life, but "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped." Psalm 28:7. I want more than anything for God to receive the glory and praise He deserves and in this final year of college, I see that how I can do that is to let Him be my strength and my rock and pull me through all these things I have on my plate. He is good and He is faithful and I trust in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment