Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Highlights Part 1

Well, my summer in Vienna is half way complete. It has been joyous, difficult, challenging, uplifting, and so much more. I want to list off some of my highlights of this adventure thus far...



  • Walking around the 1st district both by myself and with my team
  • Discipleship with Lindsay
  • Coffee and lots of it :) 
  • Lots of good Jesus time. Hard, but much needed lessons learned.
  • Day trip to Bratislava, Slovakia 
  • The food!!! Meat, cheese, bread, chocolate, nutella, bratwurst, wiener schnitzel 
  • Getting to bond with the Hunter kids
  • English camp. Though exhausting, I love those kids. 
  • Shopping at H&M 
  • Reading in historic areas of the city 
  • Sacher Torte at the Sacher Hotel 
  • Hearing Handel's Messiah at St. Stephan's Cathedral 
  • Skyping with my family, friends, and boyfriend. They provide a lot of stability when I'm feeling feeble. 
  • Going the Prater and riding the sketchy roller coaster and 383 ft. swing
  • Enjoying some amazing views 
  • People watching 
  • Hanging out at the Naschmarkt
  • Bonding with my fellow interns 

The summer is still young. I look forward to writing the second part of this post in 4 weeks with more highlights! 

No comments:

Post a Comment